PROLOG’s idea contest will be a part of Logistics seminar 2020. The contest’s theme is “How to find a balance in a supply chain between effectiveness, sustainability and environment-friendly?”
Format: a piece of work from an individual author in a freely chosen form.
Target audience: Estonian logistics students.
Host of the contest: Estonian Supply Chain Association (PROLOG).
Prize fund: The author of the best work will be rewarded with 400 euros.
Concept of substance:
In today’s fast changing world we find ourselves in a situation where an ever increasing factor in logistics of the whole world is the sustainability of environment. Carbon neutrality, green logistics, recycling, reverse logistics – these are only a few keywords of what modern logistics has to face with. We only have one environment and to sustain it, we need to make an effort. As the transport sector is one of the most polluting sectors in the world, we have to come up with ever effective solutions. However effectiveness is not the only keyword describing this problem.
The solutions have to be sustainable, both in economical and environmental side. Is it smarter to buy products cheap with a big container ship from China or to order products from Europe that have been delivered by eco-friendly transport and also have a higher quality? With what solutions is it possible to keep a balance of economical benefit and environmental-friendly? That is why we wish to start a discussion: how to plan a supply chain so that economical benefit, sustainability and environment-friendly would be all balanced. Your idea could be the start of a big solution in logistics of the whole world.
The terms of the contest:
1) Original statement from a single author (the main prize is individual, so co-authors are not allowed);
2) Author must be a student of logistics or logistics related subject studying in an Estonian university or vocational school;
3) The work is in compliance with the concept of substance;
4) The work’s language and style is correct;
5) The work is in Estonian or English;
6) The work is based on the author’s own thoughts, a significant amount is not based on external references. (NB! a certain borrowing of statements with references or a reliance on certain studies, also with references could be of added value. But also every external thought might not be of added value);
7) The work has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, the deadline is 2.03.2020 the latest.